Tuesday 18 August 2015

Why we work with smokers differently

Recently I had someone contact me to ask about quit smoking. They were quite some distance from my rooms in Morwell, so I referred them to a local practitioner.

But, what they said about the cost of quitting smoking got me thinking.

Why should it cost hundreds of dollars for a client to quit smoking using hypnotherapy or any other modality?

Why should a person be disadvantaged because they have an addiction?

This caller told me they couldn't afford to stop smoking because if they could afford to save up the 'package fees' a lot of quit smoking practitioners charge, then they would have quit on their own, thank you very much.

That got me thinking about the cost of all the quit smoking programs out there; the guarantees, quit in 60 minutes and so on.

I've had clients stop smoking after one session, so why should I be seeking to capitalise on another persons pain by charging them a steep fee just to see me?

Why should I charge hundreds of dollars when I could just charge my normal sessional rate.

I don't charge hundreds for quit smoking because I believe the burden is already heavy on the shoulders of the smoker as they see their hard earned money drift away on the smoke.

Being ready to quit shouldn't be measured by how readily you part with hundreds of dollars.

Having accessible and affordable programs is what my practice is about.

If you are ready to quit smoking, help is just a call away.

I'm ready to quit smoking today!